Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Kartoffelpuffen Quest #1

Ever since I had those most amazing potato pancakes at the Apple Farm, I have craved to find the delicacy closer to home. I asked around and found out #1, they are called Kartoffelpuffen in German, and #2, they aren't that rare. One night, Eugi and I were at the local Cupertino Yogurtland <3 and I randomly decided I must have some potato pancakes!

After a quick yelp, I found that Heidi's Pies in San Mateo had them listed. I was super ecstatic at this revelation because I live on the same street as HP! We arrived and immediately ordered the "sweet" potato pancakes. Little did I know that one small adjective would make a whole big difference :(

What came was not the savory delicacy of San Luis Obispo, but rather a very sweet, rather gingery, almost pumpkin pancake. Although they weren't bad, and I ate the whole plate despite having already consumed dinner and mass froyo, it was such a bummer/fail. I will have to press forward in my search, and take careful note of the type of potato pancakes I partake in. sigh sigh

they looked so good. Well.. actually they were. but not right. :(
P.S. in general, I REALLY like Heidi's Pies. They have such good slices :) raspberry cream and key lime and peach mmmmm. Someday I'll do a better post about them

No comments:

Post a Comment