Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

diner in bfe san mateo!

Last Feb, I hit up Toy Fair in NYC and had a wonderful chat with Shelly from our east coast PR firm. She was so totally floored when she found out that I live in San Mateo and had not yet been to Nini's Diner, apparently the best dive brunch place in the peninsula. I excitedly stuck it on the list... but due to budget constraints and lack of getting up in time to brunch, I hadn't managed it. UNTIL NOW!!!

What better way to kick off labor day weekend that hitting up infamous brunch?!?! Nini's is on the total fringe of North San Mateo, like 3 blocks North of Peninsula 101 exit. I thought that was Burlingame? sketch. This place is totally tiny, street parking in the middle of a neighborhood. We were seated quickly though, and given awesomely full menus. It also had a giant wooden board behind the counter with the menu. I love places like that :D
so much goodness in the scramble <3

I ended up getting a scramble that had cream cheese (go figure) and various other veggies. Totally amazing :) I horked it so fast. Also came with their specialty, super good homefries. I'm not a big b-fast potato person so I can't compare, but I did really enjoy them. This place is great!! Small review, but big recommend :O

No comments:

Post a Comment