Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Token Bakery Visit

Being Sharon I had to hit up a bakery. I actually was very set on finding one that was similar to Meryl Streep's in "It's Complicated," but after some research, I found out that the majority of the film, including the bakery scene, was filmed in NYC. LAME!

By default, I hit up the local trendy, Food Network featured cupcake shop, Crushcake. They had the typical selection of flavors, and I wasn't actually too impressed by their novelty choices. I think today was something gross like Lemon Drop; however, I did see that Weds was Blueberry Cheesecake! That sounds awesome. I decided to get their specialty "make cake not war" 60s cupcake.
they always look so cute
Although the cake was simple, vanilla with tye-dye buttercream, I REALLY enjoyed it. The frosting was the best buttercream I've had in years, and they were almost overly generous with it. I like the soft, but not shortening-ey, texutre. The cake was also good.
bad photography, good cupcake

Check it out if you are in SB! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment