Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

i'm flippin' burgers, you at kinkos straight flippin' copies

Wow, once again this is a crazy misleading name. Since I was in Santa Barbara, it would have been completely feasible and even likely that I took a boat ride. I was, in fact, not on a boat :( 

We of course had to hit up the SB nightlife :) State Street seemed to have lots of fun stops. We at first tried to go in the club Tonic, but the f-ing bouncer was such a douche to us trying to get our IDs that we walked instead of paying the $5 cover. Good plan too because we heard them playing the same song within 1.5 hours. Real nice DJ skillz.

Instead we started at the James Joyce, a typical looking bar/pub. It was karaoke night, always fun! Except some dude did "Don't Stop Believing" and didn't know the song... and another was completely tone deaf singing "White Flag" by Dido. Dunno how the two most stereotypical doable songs could be butchered so fully within the same hour. The place was pretty packed so we didn't sign up to sing, instead we snagged a bench seat by a fireplace in the corner. This place was terrific! The crowd was fun, and the people watching was plentiful. Highlights included me trying to make flirty eye contact with 3 obviously freshman boys out with the sole girl hallmate. SO AWKWARD!! Made me feel so old though, they thought I was a cougar and wouldn't even say hi hehe. 



Wish they had this place at Penn!
After they left, the fun died down a bit so we went to another tavern a few blocks down, Madison's Sports Grill. I had a great time, don't mind the bad ratings. I did not order food though, so maybe that was their issue. The bar had warm patio seating, tables, a fun island bar, and then a dance floor! Once again there was great people watching, and even a fight. I was starting to get pretty sugar drunk from my froyo, sodas and virgin margarita, so by the end I was totally in the dance floor area. There was some crazy girl who was a professional dancer. She was dressed like GaGa in huge stilettos and was doing these zetta awesome moves without even a hint of a shakey heel. There was also a super trashed hott college girl who was centimeters away from popping out, and appeared to go home with two guys simultaneously. Good times :)

Oh!! andddddddddddd the DJ played I'm On a Boat by our request, hence my title <3

No comments:

Post a Comment