Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

World Famous Pea Soup!

disney feel
As noted a few posts back, the road trip meal is always a risky one. For our travels back, we decided it was necessary to go to the most overly advertised place on the southern 101, Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton. We honestly saw like 6 billboard's for this place touting it's world famous Pea Soup. How could we not check it out?!
mascots Hap-pea and Pea-wee

As expected, it was a big, highly touristy/Disneyland looking building with German theming, a specialty store attached, and lot's of fun knick-knacks. We were quickly seated, and of course ordered Split Pea Soup in a bread bowl. They had an interesting looking "traveler's special" that included bottomless soup and any beverage (including a milkshake!!! :O) for $9. Since I was already a hugefast all weekend, I refrained :(.
split pea soup in a bread bowl! mmm
fun menu
soup toppings
The menu had a fun chart on it that showed the distances from a bunch of random places in CA to each other, and to Andersen's famous soup. It was another, I wish I had come here when I was 8, type places. The pea soup was pretty tasty :) it came with a bunch of toppings like chives to dump in which made it better. 

Truthfully, I've never had pea soup before so I have no frame of reference. I think it was decent, surely not the world's best :P, but the ambiance of the place was fun enough that I would definitely stop by if you are passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment