Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

fried food fail

This was like the shizziest work week ever for a multitude of reasons (including an airplane almost crashing in to our office!). Gee Unit and I decided that we needed to go out to lunch on Friday and celebrate it being almost done. By suggestion of his Louisiana bred friend, we ended up at Picadilly's Catering in Foster City. I was totally starving, so honestly, any food would have been great. The service was great and the prices were affordable, so I was stoked. I ended up ordering the 2 piece fried chicken with a side of mac & cheese and cornbread. It came and look how yummy it appeared :O 
mmm, right??? NO!!! The chicken was cooked weird. I couldn't even eat any of the meat on the drumstick because it seemed dark and undercooked. The thigh wasn't much better, and there was nothing special about the fried outside. At least the mac + cheese would be good, right?? No again :( it was very starchy tasting, and the cheese was bland. I ended up eating all of that and the corn muffin just cuz  I was so hungry. Not the best feeling afterwards. I even tried Steve's fried catfish which looked way better. Once again, I was way disappointed! The outside fry was super corn-mealy tasting, and the fish itself was pretty nondescript.

FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment