Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sweet Maple Brunch

Waiting area w/ magazines for inevitable 11 am crowds
Ugh. Still hate being sick. After a slightly socially stressful time out last night, I slept in crazy late this morning (11am) and was totally dead. My original plan was to lay in my pjs until I had to answer the door for the dinner delivery person, but then Eugi suggested we go get brunch. Since I was hungry and there's nfw I'm jogging today (tear...), I accepted.

I really enjoy the foods, but I almost never go to brunch. My issue is that I generally eat way too much at an awkward hour and then it screws up my food time frame for the rest of the day. I'm always semi-sad about it though, because there are so many amazing sounding places in the city. Today, I immediately picked a place in lower Pac Heights that has been on my lists for awhile: Sweet Maple.

so spacious! wood oven for pizza back there
Luckily it was pretty late when we arrived (2pm), so we missed the morning rush. I was really impressed by the size of the restaurant. Most city places are small and cramped, but this one was quite spacious and had ample seating. I imagine that around 11-12 it is probably pretty packed because they had several waiting areas both in and outside. The decor actually kind of reminded me of Utah for some reason. It had the kind of rustic, new Pepperwood look to it with beige uneven brick work and dark wood tables and seating. This of course made me happy :)

Sweet Maple is only open for breakfast and lunch which makes me sad because their menu is huge an extensive. They have a wide variety of omelets, scrambles, french toasts, eggs benedict, pizzas, burgers and more. They even have fried french toast!! I guarantee that's why it made it on my lists in the first place.

It was a really hard decision, but  I went with cinnamon (non fried!) french toast with mixed berries and yogurt. They also had a version with fried bananas and candied walnuts. Superrrr good!!! They put a lot of effort in to the presentation of the food, so I was already satisfied with my choice before I even tasted it. They also have complimentary real maple syrup on every table which was a treat. I doused the pieces in syrup and then dipped them in the yogurt... <3. By the end the yogurt was maple flavored, win!

cinnamon french toast w/ berries & yogurt
Eugi got a breakfast pizza, and I was so jealous because it ended up having a fried egg on it! I freaking love egg on unexpected items. It also had goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes and some arugula. He was nice enough to offer me a piece (cuz unlike most people, I am 100% going to accept such offers) and yes, win as well. My first comment was "dang, this is so savory!!" The crust was really flavorful and the rest of the toppings combined perfectly to make a filling and yummy meal.
egg on pizza!!!!!
Highly recommend for a good weekend brunch!

1 comment: