Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

ByeBye Ken!

Due to mass stress for the past week, I got way behind on my blogging. Gotta hurry and catch up before my 6:00 flight to Berlin :)

Sadly, Ken left EA a little over a week ago. Although I didn't really work with him or see him much, losing our amazing plant lunches is totally a heartbreaker. Because I <3 him so much,  I was even willing to go to an expensive restaurant that I've been multiple times to support his goodbye lunch :). Old Port Lobster Shack in Redwood City.

This place has always been a favorite of my dads since my family used to live in Maine before I was born. It's a cute, small shop with a ton of thematic decorations and nautical charts all over the walls that remind me of things my parents used to hang up when I was much younger. They specialize in lobster rolls and dishes. I unfortunately do not like lobster, so I have to get creative

Other times I've been I tried the pulled pork which was quite tasty. This time was a Lent Friday though, so I had to go veggie. I ended up ordering a side of mac &  cheese and a side of sweet potato fries. WIN!! Not only was it a meal of my two favorite foods, but it also ended up being waaaaay cheaper than everyone elses meal. Mine was $9 for a ton of food, whereas the lobster mac was like $20 :D

Food there is pretty tasty if you are willing to pay. Be warned that it gets super crowded at lunch... we had to wait in line for like 15 mins and struggle to get a table large enough to accommodate the whole group

No comments:

Post a Comment