Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

My Favorite Food on Earth

I have such a love-hate relationship with trade shows. On the one hand, I am overjoyed and eternally grateful for having, to me, the coolest possible job and getting to travel to all sorts of weird places. On the other, I swear I'm alwayyyyys alone and so there is a disturbingly depressing pattern of me wandering around cities starving because I'm too snooty to go to a chain yet too embarrassed to go in to a sit down place (even for takeout) when everyone else is there 20 deep having a party night.

Thus, I'm sitting in the super swanky Grand Hyatt in San Antonio right now, minutes away from the famous Riverwalk, tons of bars and restaurants, and like 10 thousand people in the video game industry... and I am about to write a blog post. My plan is to play my DS late in to the night so I can stumble in tomorrow exhausted, and blend in with the masses who are out getting trashed right now. It's easier that way- avoids questions :P

Hardcore digression!! ANYWAYS- I can't believe this is my 18th post and my first mention of froyo?! Froyo is totally my thing. I love all food, but this is the only category I will claim mastery at :). So, fittingly I'll start with my absolute favorite: Yogurtland

Yogurtland is, in fact, the best froyo chain out there. The first visit I had was in LA last fall when they were doing the tokidoki promo (my favvvvv brand) and I was instantly hooked. From the adorable Japanese fusion decor, to the ridiculously unbeatably low price of 30 cents an ounce to the plethora of flavors and toppings, this place can not be topped (PUN). Not to mention: BEST TART EVER!!!!
the usual. tart, mochi, all berries, cap' n crunch, yogurt chips, condensed milk

I don't know what else to say... basically they have at least 14 flavors per store and like 30 or 40 toppings (all sorts of fruit, candies, mochimochi, condensed milk, etc.). The only bad part is that the closest one is in freaking Cupertino. That said, according to my foursquare, I've been 18 times since April... AND I'm not even the mayor! It's that good. Seriously. 

OMFH I JUST LOOKED AT THEIR WEBSITE AND ONE OPENED IN WEST JORDAN, UTAH!!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!!!

1 comment: