Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

i want to marry an archaeologist

ha- my nerdiness and love for 8 bit video games and the dagger of amon ra will never allow me to make any sort of reference to flappers, the 20s, or speakeasy's without alluding to that song. I MISS YOU SIERRA OF THE 90S!!

if you hadn't guessed, tonight after zero zero, we hit up Bourbon and Branch, SF's local speakeasy :). Since it was a last minute plan on a Saturday night, we had to go in the "library" room. The other side is the two-story lounge that you need a password to get in to. Still super awesome tho, the walls were covered in filled bookshelves and the bartenders definitely dressed the part. I really want to make a reservation so I can see the lounge side. I only had a hint at it tonight when someone from the other side pushed the secret passage bookshelf open for a split second. so intriguing!! I think we are going to throw our 20s party, year 2 there, so stay tuned for details next month. 
The drinks were expensive, but very cool and made with love. I even ended up getting a "pomegranate ginger" which was really delicious sans vodka.

had to sneak the picture, they are anti modern technologies!

Super cool place, total Disneyland feeling, i would highly recommend it for a group night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment