Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

In-N-Out Bakery

cute storefront
Eugi and I have had a long list of restaurants to check out for months now, and we are finally back on track getting them crossed off. I just noticed that Arizmendi Bakery, a popular local chain on our list, had a location very close to us in the inner sunset, so on Saturday we checked it out. I highly enjoy being "local" and walking to food whilst staring at my beloved Mr. Sutro. :D

We got there around 1:30 pm and you could tell we had missed the lunchtime rush. It's a small cafe on a bustling street in the sunset. Inside, there are a bunch of cabinets filled with savory & sweet baked goods, and a steady flowing line of customers. I was actually a bit overwhelmed as a first-timer. I had read about their amazing, daily-flavor pizza, but I didn't know how to order it. Also, when I am in a new bakery, I like to really look around and make an educated decision on what to select. With the rush of people behind me trying to get in the cabinets, I didn't feel like I could take too much time. 

cookie shelf
sweets cabinet
From what I could quickly gather, the baked goods seemed rather European of various sorts. A wide variety of savory items with cheeses and vegetables. All very bread-based. They looked quite delicious and it was a hard decision to make on the fly. I ended up grabbing a focaccia with asiago and tomato, and a sea-salt cheddar bread stick. Being Sharon, I really wanted to try one of the sweet foods, but I was stressed and ended up going straight to the register. Their dessert selection seemed to focus a lot on weird flavored scones and other similarly shaped items. 
picked over by the time we got there
The guy at the register was very nice, and noticed me taking pictures. I was highly embarrassed but had to tell him the name of my blog. Luckily, I think the mass is so low that there is no way he will be able to find it via search.

I was out within 5 minutes. I want to visit again and order a real pizza at the counter. The flavors sound so delicious and odd. If nothing else, I will 100% be back for a dessert pastry :)
focaccia con tomato & cheese
cheese "bread stick"

We ate our baked goods on our walk back home. Both of mine were very tasty! They reminded me of bagels a bit, and had a good combo of flavoring and salt. I really like the tomato focaccia. The "bread stick" confused me because it was circular and I think wheat.They were surprisingly filling, and I was glad that I had the mini hills in the walk back to try to mitigate the damage

No comments:

Post a Comment