Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Birthday Baking

I figured I'd also start recording my baking/cooking adventures :). This weekend I promised Katelyn I'd try to make her some gourmet cupcakes as a post bday present. She doesn't actually like gourmet cupcakes, so I had to try to stealthily pick a regular recipe with some exotic twists. Other problem was she likes choco cake which I freaking hate! Such a dilemma :S

cream cheese, sugar, egg & choco chips
Since cream cheese makes everything good, I settled on this Creamy Chocolate Cupcake recipe. It was really simple and straight forward- easy for anyone. You basically just add all the stuff in a bowl, and put it in the oven. The one interesting ingredient I found (and spent 20 mins in Safeway searching for...) was vinegar! Not sure what it did, but I think it had a positive effect.

I was really surprised when I tasted the batter, because it was DELICIOUS! My favorite part of baking is licking the bowl, and I was most certainly not disappointed.

The cream cheese filling also was awesome to lick, but since it contained mostly raw egg, I only let myself spoon out a little :(
they kind of looked like fudge :D
I was really excited about the way they looked going in to the oven! And I was lucky and they cooked perfectly

The end result was good :). It ended up being more muffin-like than cupcakey, but it was still awesome. Basically a light chocolate cake/muffin with a gooey fill/top and walnuts. I actually initially planned on making an additional chocolate glaze to put on top, but after seeing them cooked, I thought it would be overkill.

mmm final product!
Only complaint was that they could have been squishier. I was impressed I made a choco cake that I enjoyed though. Sharon win!!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU so much! They're half gone already :D

    ReplyDelete